Car Rental Dublin Airport
Dublin is such a great place to visit at any time of year. There is no better place to be on a hot summers day, or getting that festive feel while drinking an Irish Coffee on a chilly December evening. Make your trip to Dublin as convenient as possible by renting a car from us at Dooley Car Rental Dublin Airport. Step off your flight and into one of our countless vehicles we have available in our fleet. If you would like to get in touch before you make your trip to Dublin, you can reach us by email at Dublin-airport@dan.-dooley.ie or by phone at (01) 844 5656. Dooley car rental are located conveniently in Dublin Airport, and our desk is open from 05:00-23:00 7 days a week.
Types of rentals available at Dublin Airport
- 2 door car rental Dublin Airport
- 4 door station wagon Dublin Airport
- 4 door saloon hire Dublin Airport
- 4 door 7 seater Rental Dublin Airport
- People Carrier rental Dublin Airport
- Mini Bus hire Dublin Airport
Having a rental car for the duration of your trip to Dublin leaves you with endless opportunities. Have a look below at some of the top tourist attractions in Dublin.
Things to see while in Dublin
No trip to Dublin is complete without a visit to the home of the black stuff! Guinness is Ireland’s biggest export, and you can see first-hand how it’s made and even pull your very own perfect pint. Finish off your tour with a complementary pint at the gravity bar, which gives you a 360 degree view of Dublin City, and so many of its famous Landmarks.
This is a must see for all history lovers. Kilmainham Gaol (Jail) was a prison that was in operation from the late 18th century, up until the end of the Irish Free State was formed in 1924. It is the site of the executions of the 1916 rising rebels and housed many political figures in Irish history. It is steeped in such interesting stories that you will thoroughly enjoy.
- Grafton Street Shopping District
Located right in the centre of Dublin City, Grafton Street is a pedestrianized street that has all of the high street favorites, along with some beautiful restaurants and famous Dublin pubs. Take a day to have a gander in one of the hundreds of stores on the one street, and finish with a walk through St. Stephens Green.
Trinity College and the Book of Kells
Ireland’s most well-known University and one of its most visited tourist attraction. Trinity College is located less than a two minute walk from the bottom of Grafton street. It is the oldest Universities in Ireland, and has a museum inside that contains ‘The Book Of Kells’, an 8th century Latin manuscript containing the four gospels that is believed to be one of the oldest books on the planet.
What documentation will I need with me to rent a car?
You will be eligible to rent one of our cars with a standard drivers licence, providing it is in date and has been held for at least 2 years. Other documentation that will be necessary will be alternative photo ID (for example, your passport). Drivers coming from the USA are eligible to rent a car using their US drivers licence. You will also need a credit card in the name of the renter. Unfortunately, the only form of payment we take is credit card. Please be sure to have the name of any additional drivers you wish to register on hand for us.
- Are there age restrictions when renting a car at Dublin Airport? To rent a car in Ireland, you must be at least 25 years of age. Other rental services may have different age limits, but the standard age of permission is 25.
- Can I use my own personal car insurance to rent a car in Ireland? Each policy is different. Before you rent with us, contact your insurance company to ensure that you will be covered to drive a car in Ireland. Also, it is worth taking into account the personal cost if you had to take out a claim on your personal insurance. You may need to purchase additional insurance to complete the car hire.
- Do you accept both debit and credit cards as payment? Unfortunately, we do not accept debit cards as a form of payments, but accept all major credit cards.
- Can I add an additional driver to my rental? Yes, you can add another driver to your rental. The additional driver must produce a valid driver’s licence, along with proof of age (Must be at least 25 and max 70). If an unauthorised individual drives the rental uninsured, you will forfeit any cover that you have purchased previously.
- What if my flight to Dublin Airport is late and I arrive after hours? Not to worry. If your flight happens to be delayed, and you arrive to Dublin Airport after we have closed, we can organize to pick you up the next day to pick your rental up from us at the Airport.
- Will I be covered if I break down in my rental car? Yes, all of our rates include 24/7 breakdown cover.
- Can I take my rental into Northern Ireland? Yes, you are able to roam freely anywhere on the island of Ireland, including the North of Ireland. If you wish to take the car to abroad to England or beyond, please speak to one of our team for more information.
Dublin Airport is located about 8 miles North of the City. It is situated on the M1/N1 Belfast Road, just north of the intersection with the M50 ring road. The airport is well signposted on all major routes.
Dublin Airport Contact Details
Dooley Car Rental Dublin Airport
Arrivals Hall, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
Swords, Co Dublin,
Dublin Airport Tel: +353 1 844 5151